Tuesday, September 15

Dragon*con parade!

My vacation last week in Atlanta happened to coincide with Dragon*con. I'd never heard of Dragon*con before, but my sister said that she heard the parade was a lot of fun for people watching, so we went to downtown to view the spectacle. And it was pretty awesome. I've got to give props to all the people who got decked out like their favorite sci-fi-fantasy-video game- comic book-character, they are totally way braver than me. Thanks for providing good entertainment. Here are a handful of pictures:

1. Storm-troopers in kilts. Really. Who could have guessed it'd be a natural combination?
2. Chewboxa and his boxy stormtrooper friend.
3. He looks frighteningly like Jack Sparrow, but his pirate crew seems to have gotten a bit younger.
4. I'm not actually sure what this inflatable alien is (I know, I am woefully ignorant), but just imagine if they had one of these in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade- it would definitely require the addition of Santa hat.
5. Steampunk goodness.
6. The entire periodic table of elements in human form. OMG. I dig potassium (K).
7. Good thing it was Atlanta, otherwise these 300 dudes might have gotten a bit chilly- but the six-pack action was pretty impressive.
8. The good news is that you can always just paint on your six-pack, ab-abber2000 style. Way better than millions of crunches.
9. This is one blue suit.
and finally,

10. Is that not just awesome?

1 comment:

  1. So glad you were able to join us for the parade!

    Your pics are awesome - Fran"zilla"

    ReplyDelete