Wednesday, September 16

Idiot

Yeah, that would be me, the idiot. This week one of my classmates and I are presenting a paper for the journal club we are required to attend every semester of our PhD program. We were suppose to pick a paper investigating the interface between innate and adaptive immunity. Never mind if you don't know what that is, lets just say we found the perfect paper. Perfect. A faculty member had even recommended it on the nerdy science database that is the go-to place for finding articles. We had the department admin send it out to everyone last Friday. Fast forward to yesterday, and witness the IM conversation between me and another classmate:

Smart Friend: So I just printed out the JC paper... didn't we read this paper already?

Idiot (me): Um, maybe, it's possible, but I don't really remember it...

SF: Well I could be wrong, but it seems a little familiar.

me: Could be, I can never remember what papers we read.

SF: I just figured out why it looks familiar... I presented it last semester. LOL

So now we have to present another paper (Luckily we had found another last week before we got the brilliant notion to do the first paper) and the entire department knows I'm a forgetful idiot, since they all got the second email from the department admin. How awesome is that.

2 comments: