Thursday, September 3

Flying adventures

I have safely made it to Atlanta and am enjoying a relaxing morning, or actually afternoon now, I guess. I know you all hate me. Sorry. Well actually I'm not, but I can pretend to be for you. If it makes you feel any better I had a hellish flight, or I should say flights, or perhaps I should say 2.5 hours of flying + 10 hours of sit-in-the-terminal-waiting-for-many-delays-while-missing multiple-connecting flights trip. I'm pretty sure the kiss of death happened Tuesday night when I said to my sister, " I have plenty of time to make that connection in Philly, I'm sure I'll make it there in time for dinner."

Or maybe it was when I got to the airport to find my flight to Philly was delayed, but the US Airways representative assured me, " There is plenty of time still, you'll have no problem getting your connection."

Or maybe it was when they had to rebook me onto a Delta flight out of Philly, because the plane coming into Ithaca had to wait for a crew change, making them even later.

Or maybe it was when that plane finally arrived, but a different US Airways rep said, "A mechanical problem was discovered during landing, now we have to wait an hour for maintenance to come fix it, but don't worry it will only take 10 minutes once they get here- you'll still make your 6pm connection."

I suspect you can see where this is ending up. Flying does suck sometimes, but it beats the drive from New York to Georgia. Besides, it gave my sister the opportunity to pick me up in her pajamas. And really, who wouldn't be excited about that.

Any fun (note the scarcasm) flying adventures for you out there?

1 comment:

  1. Holy cats, if you were stuck in the airports fo so long I hope you had some gimlets and read some trashy paperbacks....

    ReplyDelete