Friday, May 22

Food!

I'm pretty sure I'm obsessed with food (but most of you already knew that).
And the food here, it is good... when I come back to the states I'm going to be the size of a house. A few nights ago we went to a little bar and had espetinho, which are skewers of meats or cheeses or pão de alho (garlic bread), barbequed- YUM! There also seemed to be an endless stream of beer.

This weekend I went to a Pizza Rodízio- a restaurant like the Brazilian barbeque places in the US, but this one doesn't serve meat, but pizza. So they bring around all sorts of pizza and you can eat as much as you want- you can eat until you die, they say. I had no idea pizza was so popular in Brazil- but it is very good and comes in every imaginable combination- even sweet pizza with ice cream on top!

I also had pão de queijo (cheese bread) which is amazingly good. I also went to a barbeque where I had my very first brazilian caipirinha (amazing!- I'm going to learn how to make them) and some more grilled meats.
I went to one more place this weekend, and surprise, I ate some more. I went to Curupira, a park in Ribeirão that has great views of the city, and where I also had a dish of frozen açai pulp with fruit (see the picture above). Yup, going to be the size of a house!

Just so you don't think I only eat, I also tagged along on my roommate Vanessa's photography class to an old train station in a small town near here. It was really pretty there... below is just one of the many, many pictures I took, but it will give you a bit of an idea of what the landscape around here is like.



1 comment:

  1. I fully expect you to cook me this stuff when you get back . . . keep notes, like a good little lab rat.

    ReplyDelete