Friday, May 29

X-Tudo

Hope everything is well out in non-Norahland! Things are going well here. I'm now getting over the little cold I acquired earlier this week. Otherwise it has been a fun week of work, parties and (of course) food. Laila brought some salami from her town- Dumont, and we had a little afternoon picnic at work- complete with Guarana soda, it was such a treat!

Every day, Marcela and I go to lunch, and I get to ask her questions about all the food and try to expand my portuguese vocabulary... which mostly consists of food words. Yesterday I also went to a defense party and drank a good amount of Skol beer. Then Vanessa and I went home to get some dinner, and I finally get to the title of today's blog: X-Tudo!

Down the street from our casa is a little truck... akin to Louie's or Hot truck for you Ithacans... and they have these sandwiches... the ones we got were, of course, called X-Tudo. This sandwich had the following inside its roll: hamburger, ham, cheese, sausage, egg, bacon, tomato and lettuce. All in one sandwich... Tudo means everything... so it certainly is an apt description! Now for a picture of this masterpiece:

It was really tasty- you should give it a try sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment