Wednesday, May 20

Você fala português?

Hey everyone!

Who knew communication could be so exhausting? Things are great here in Ribeirão Preto, but my Portuguese is still extremely shaky- I have picked up some words, but sentences are still beyond me. My lab mates are great! They are always helping me and mostly speak to me in English when they can, which I know makes more work for them, so I really appreciate it. Hopefully by the end of this trip it will be easier for all of us. But right now, I'm sleeping really well at night!

The food here is great! Lunch is generally the biggest meal of the day, and the Cantina near the Pharmacy lab (where I work) is a good place to eat. Today I had a tasty salad, eggplant, fried fish, some gound meat and potatoes, fresh cheese (that was just for you Megan), rice and beans. I'm eating very well, but my roommates worry that I am not eating enough- so they are trying to fatten me up :)

I'm attempting to do cyclic voltammetry- which I know next nothing about, so its been interesting to say the least (thank you, Laila for all your help). Soon I will start work on some other experiments. But who really wants to hear about work...

In other news I've been absolutely horrible about taking pictures- I hope to fix that situation very soon! Once I do, I'll try to post a few.

Tchau

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Norah!! I love the notes about food (especially cheese)....so keep that info coming!! It makes me hungry but then again when am I not ready to eat some tasty new and different food. I'm glad you made it safely and are getting settled. We've been talking about you quite a bit (reminiscing about good times) and how much we're going to miss you! Have fun exploring, Na Na Na Norah!

    ReplyDelete