Friday, July 3

Still Sleepy

I'm back! Given the absolute disasters that could have happened (I flew into and out of Chicago on United amidst a system-wide computer glitch: imagine long lines and mass chaos), it was relatively painless and my bags(absolutely amazing) and I arrived only 2 hrs later than expected. Then I ate a really good burger at the Ale House and watched the 4th of July fireworks (which oddly are never on the 4th). Then tumbled into a deep and dreamless sleep. The sleep of the exhausted traveler.

There is only one thing... I think my brain may still be somewhere stuck in O'hare ( I am still randomly speaking the few portuguese words I know and am having problems with simple tasks). Then again perhaps it is just tiredness. Either way, hope it finds its way home soon.

It's good to be home, but right now the whole trip seems somewhat surreal- hard to believe it actually happened. Also it is a little weird to see all this stuff that is mine, I got used to having a lot less. Makes me itch to clean stuff out. I bet that feeling lasts about one week.

Thats if for now, but be sure to check back to follow my continuing adventures...

1 comment: