Wednesday, June 24

Can I stay and go?

I can't believe that my visit to Ribeirão Preto is almost over. In just one week (give or take a couple hours) I'll be on my way back to Ithaca.

Crazy.

As I suspected, the time has flown, and now I'm a jumble of conflicting feelings. I'm looking forward to home just about as much as I'm regretting the fact I have to leave so soon. Anybody found a way to be in two places at once?

Here are some things I'm looking forward to on my return:
1)not wearing the same 10 things over and over and over (and over). As a corollary, I'm also looking forward to more than 2 pairs of shoes.
2)phone calls with my sister
3)the gym (no, I'm not crazy- besides I'm a little afraid of the prospect of a swimsuit)
4)being covered with clay
5)friends and family
6)the lake:
Here are somethings that have me totally bummed about leaving:
1)missing the food; especially biscioto
2)not learning nearly enough portuguese (I feel like I'm just starting to get somewhere)
3)all the great people I've met (in and out of the lab) who have made me feel so welcome
4)that I haven't seen nearly enough of the country
5)Sophie (the cat) and Teela (the dog) (maybe I can fit them in my suitcase?)
6) and definitely, these guys, my totally awesome roommates... they better come visit me.

1 comment: