Wednesday, June 17

As if I needed another way to waste hours of time on the internet

I have a confession. Secretly, I am addicted to looking at those slide show galleries that magazines put together for the web. Everyday, I dutifully go to cnn.com and check the headlines. Now, if I were a good person, I would actually read more articles, making myself a well rounded, informed adult (well maybe not well-rounded, but at least nominally informed).
Instead, after a brief perusal of the headlines I cruise to the bottom the page and zero in on Entertainment Weekly's 17 shows for TV "Revirgins" (which reminds me yet again that I should put Freaks & Geeks on my Netflix list) or Money's Ultimate Mutual Funds (I'm not sure why I look at ones like these... to be useful, one would actually have to have money). Now if only they had one of these galleries on the 48 must know secrets of the immune system, I might actually stand a chance of completing my PhD. Let me know if you find one like that.

Anyway, yesterday, following this usual pattern I happened upon Time's 25 Best Blogs of 2009. I'm pretty new at this blogging thing, I just haven't made the time before I started making my own, so I was excited to see the array of what was out there. Maybe you've seen a lot of them? Let me know how you like them. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be adding a good number of these blogs to my daily procrastination routine- but some of them may actually make me a more well rounded, informed person.

Hopefully I'll still have time for a photo gallery or two.

3 comments:

  1. I am so with you here.

    Looks like you're having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NORAH! Can't comment on your above posts...?
    Hmmm....
    there was a huge bug in the studio terlet yesterday and YES I blogged it...

    ReplyDelete