Monday, August 24

Better than it was

The last time I was here I laid out some rather grand plans for self improvment. I suppose I could call it my plan to unslothify (yes I totally made that word up... what are you going to do about it?). So, here is my first update.

Goal 1(that whole exercise thing): I've been pretty good about getting to the pool. Yay for me! Now for the bad news- the mangled ankle is a bit slow in recovering. Perhaps re-twisting it yesterday morning was not the best thing in terms of its speeding recovery.

Goal 2 (the Chair): Ha! Nothing happening here. Still need to order that silly cotton batting. Besides the chair is currently buried in sewing projects/items needing ironing. Crap. Those also need to be added to my goals. Just to give you an idea, this is what the chair looked like 2 years ago when I had just started working on it. Yes, it really is pretty hideous, as is the foot stool. And no, I haven't finished reupholstering it either.
Goal 3 (cleaning): Okay, here I definitely made progress. I've now got 3 bags of stuff to go to the salvation army. What I learned from this cleaning experience is as follows. (1) I have way, way too much stuff. (2) The last time I read a magazine was approximately 3 years ago. I know this because I have about 100 magazines in my apartment that need reading. I really want to recycle them, but I am going to force myself to read them first. (3) I need to repeat this cleaning process at least 3 more times, only then will it approach the level of cleanliness and order that I had envisioned. But here are some before and afters:



Goal 4 (knitting extravaganza): A non-starter. Well maybe this week. Can't you see all my time was taken up with exercise and house cleaning?

Goal 5 (work, I mean where they actually pay me): See goal 4... the answer is exactly the same.

So, all in all, I guess I could have done a little better, but I could have done a lot worse too. Besides, I also was dog sitting, visiting with my super cool friends Megan and Joshua who were only in town for the weekend and dealing with the sudden death of my wireless router (sadly, I require a wired connection to my modem, until I decide on which new router to purchase).

Therefore, I'll call Operation Unslothification a success (so far).

2 comments:

  1. NORAH! Goodness you're ambitious....
    I dreamt you met us at the chapterhouse and the place was packed but you FEARLESSLY led the charge to the front to get those pints. I really did dream that, I really did....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I join knitting extravaganza? I got stuck again. :( And camping trip is most likely canceled for sick kids and rain. What better time to knit that a rainy weekend? I'll give you a ring once I know what I'm doing for sure.

    ReplyDelete