Monday, August 10

Chicken Batch reactor??

Okay, so this just weirds me out (it is a link to a cnn article about invitro meat product development). I understand the need for sustainable food production, and am pretty scientifically forward thinking, but my first reaction is pretty much UGH. Plus it isn't like you don't have to feed them anything.... you are just feeding a reactor of bodyless muscles instead of the animal.

P.S. Somehow it seems a bit odd that PETA would have a prize for development of in-vitro chicken.... where will the chicken embryos will come from? (but I probably don't know what I'm talking about)

2 comments:

  1. that is soooooo disgusting.....
    you know, when you think about it, gimlets are VEGAN

    ReplyDelete
  2. gimlets are awesome... maybe they should become my primary diet... except I may have possibly run out of gin and vodka... what am I suppose to do now?

    ReplyDelete